Salt Lake City — July 22, 2014 — LANDESK, a global leader in delivering user-oriented IT solutions that solve systems, security, mobility, asset, and IT service management challenges, today announced the newest release of LANDESK® Management and Security Suites, adding new features to its Total User Management solution. This release enables greater enterprise speed and scalability, is easier to administer, and provides added focus on user productivity. In addition, LANDESK user-based pricing eliminates anxiety related to BYOD and helps keep IT budgets in check.
“IT managers struggle with the challenges of managing, maintaining and securing user devices,” said Duane Newman, senior director of product management, LANDESK. “This version makes significant advancements to help IT empower users to access IT resources from their devices, reduce the number of steps IT takes to get users up and running, and speeds the delivery of applications and operating systems anywhere on the network. Now, it’s even easier for IT to free up resources to tackle more strategic problems.”
Key enhancements and capabilities include:
- More than 20x faster deployment. Decrease administrative times and ensure the best security when downloading and installing software and patches. For example an organization can now deploy a critical security patch across the entire enterprise in minutes, instead of hours with even less impact to the network.
- 94 percent time savings in OS provisioning. In a process that previously took more than 110 steps, provisioning improvements reduce those steps to a mere seven. This significant streamlining allows IT to create provisioning templates in only a few minutes, accelerating the user provisioning process.
- Manage PC, Mac and mobile from one interface. Enhanced features allow IT to manage Mac and mobile users from the same console they use for PC clients. The new LANDESK Management Suite provides central FileVault 2 configuration, enhanced HTML 5 browser-based remote control and improved Mac patching.
- Self-service access to applications.LANDESK Fuse, a new, integrated app portal included with LANDESK Management Suite, gives end users simple access to IT services from any device. LANDESK Fuse can also be extended with other LANDESK user management solutions to consolidate service desk requests and provide access to a comprehensive IT service catalog.
- Last agent you need to install. Using its intelligent design, the LANDESK agent now automatically self-updates and self-heals. IT no longer needs to continually configure and roll out new agents, making this the last agent you will need to install on users’ devices.
“We are excited about the improvements we’re seeing in this new version,” said Dan Lutter, Director of Field Technology Services at Advocate Health Care. “This update will ensure we are less intrusive to our users and allows us to focus on the business, ensuring we are productive and successful. IT is under strain to do more with less, now we can gain back time, and maintain and secure our environment even more by not having to deploy a new agent for every upgrade, and knowing that it self-heals is one less thing I have to worry about.”
Gartner, the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company, recently recognized LANDESK, receiving the highest score for the Total Client Management use case of four use cases in the Critical Capabilities for Client Management Tools¹ report. LANDESK was also recognized as a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Client Management Tools for the eighth consecutive year².
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and it does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner
About LANDESK Software
LANDESK, the global authority on user-oriented IT, enables users to be their most productive while helping IT embrace the speed of change. Through the integration and automation of IT systems management, endpoint security management, service desk management, IT asset management, and mobile device management, LANDESK empowers IT to balance rapidly evolving user requirements with the need to secure critical assets and data. With offices located across the globe, LANDESK is headquartered in Salt Lake City. For more information, visit www.landesk.com.
Copyright © 2014, LANDESK. All rights reserved. LANDESK and its logo are registered trademarks of LANDESK Software, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
1Gartner, Critical Capabilities for Client Management Tools by Kevin Knox, Terrence Cosgrove and Michelle A. Brosnahan, June 13, 2014
2Gartner, Magic Quadrant for Client Management Tools by Kevin Knox and Terrence Cosgrove, May 22, 2014