We are pleased to announce the latest release of LANDESK® Service Desk, version 7.8.2, available July 8, 2015.
By providing your customers with user-centered IT, these quarterly releases help them transform their service management environment, increase user productivity, and empower their people. Read more about the highlights of LANDESK Service Desk below:
- Strengthened knowledge capabilities to improve knowledge management
- Enhanced process definition to allow articles to support assignments, reminders, SLAs, notes, and more
- New, version management of knowledge articles for greater quality control
- Knowledge articles support unlimited multilingual usage for content and search
- Powerful multilingual Service Catalog to support today’s global work environment
- to Any service description text can be defined and published into any language for end user access to service catalog
- Continuous improvements to the user experience through visual appearance and layout enhancements:
- LANDESK Workspaces – including backgrounds, dashboard formatting, and menus.
- Web Access – new ‘flat’ style pie and bar charts, with new chart colors
- Workspaces form-field support for creating and viewing HTML content in HTML fields; continues the drive to easy, image-driven support and communication.
Now Available: Content Pack for Customer Happiness Tracking
In addition to the new features and enhancements available in 7.8.2, a new content pack is now available. Customer Happiness Tracking enables customers to create a process that better captures and manages feedback to determine how happy end user customers are at a point in time. It uses feedback from incident surveys, ad hoc interactions and targeted requests for feedback recorded in a central location for easier analysis, tracking and reporting.
This content pack is available as a separate download to Service Desk 7.8.2 from the online Community support.
More Information about 7.8.2
Please refer to the document What’s New in 7.8.2 for the complete list of features and enhancements.
Accessing LANDESK Service Desk 7.8.2
You and customers of the On-Premise version can access the latest Service Desk software downloads via the download area on the Community. In order to gain access to this area you need to have registered and be logged in.
7.8.2 is an in-place install and upgrade—a supporting installation and database upgrade on top of your existing LANDESK Service Desk instance.
End of Life
LANDESK Service Desk 7.8.2 replaces 7.8.1 as the next available release, but End of Life policy does not change with this release. Please refer to the Customer Support End of Life web page for the most up-to -date schedule.
LANDESK Service Desk customers will receive an email notification from their local Marketing teams about this release. In addition, a notice will be posted to the online customer community when the release is available for download.
Sales and Marketing
A “What’s New” sales presentation and brief dem
We hope this release provides you with even greater value to promote to your Service Desk customers and prospects. Thank you for your continued support.
The LANDESK ITSM Team