We are excited to announce the latest release of LANDESK® Service Desk—version 7.8.1. This is the latest release of Service Desk, strengthening the LANDESK portfolio of user management solutions.
- Innovative “SnapIT” knowledge capability empowers end users to help themselves. For example, with their mobile devices, users can snap a photo of an error message and receive advice and information about the error from the knowledgebase as part of an Incident process. This capability takes advantage of:
- New image handling
- New optical character recognition integration
- New knowledge-search capability at any point in a process
- Continuous improvements to the user experience through LANDESK Workspace enhancements:
- Select date and time values on forms
- Access a new attachment control for visual knowledge search
- Benefit from visual enhancements
- Product usage statistics
- Gathers high-level usage profile information to aid future work by LANDESK
- Configurable opt-out capability
- Product sustainment
- Continual improvement with fixes and enhancements, protecting your LANDESK Service Desk investment
New “SnapIT” Content Pack Now Available
Along with the new features and enhancements in 7.8.1 is a new content pack. It describes how to maximize the success of SnapIT with advice and instructions for adapting processes and adding calculations to LANDESK Service Desk. This content pack is available as a separate download to Service Desk 7.8.1 from the online Support Community.