We are pleased to announce the latest release of LANDESK Service Desk 7.7.2, available July 1, 2014 both on-premise and in the cloud. This release will continue to help you gain more control and optimize service desk operations while improving the productivity satisfaction of end users.
Read more about the highlights below:
- Calendar integration – Increase analyst efficiency with the ability to send calendar invitations from service desk to third-party calendar systems. iCalendar enables you to view service desk tasks in Outlook, Google calendars, or other popular calendar systems.
- Desktop management extended – To promote ease of use, SCCM integration and generic desktop management actions are now supported through the browser. This enables in-context actions such as SCCM remote control, SCCM console launch, and links to external applications such as Google from Web Desk incidents. The LANDESK® Management Suite generic desktop HTML5 remote control feature is now supported from within Web Desk to provide secure, high-performance remote desktop access. We are continuing the work to move more features and functions of Service Desk into browser usage.
- New language – LANDESK Service Desk has been fully localized most recently in the Italian language to further support our customers’ global working environment.
- LANDESK Fuse – Formerly known as Mobile Self Service, Fuse improves the end user experience through responsive mobile self-service.
- Multi-lingual localization – Increase productivity through enhanced and simplified multi-lingual capabilities. LANDESK Service Desk and Fuse customers no longer require multiple language instances to present the preferred localized user language, enabling a light server-side architecture.
- Sustainment – A number of cloud operation enhancements are also applicable for on-premise customers.
IT Asset Management Content Pack
In addition to the new features and enhancements available in 7.7.2, a new content pack is now available. This content pack incorporates IT Asset Management (ITAM) processes that can be used within LANDESK Service Desk to manage assets through a lifecycle in Service Desk. This content pack is available as a separate download.
More Information about 7.7.2
Please refer to the document What’s New in 7.7.2 for the complete list of features and enhancements.