We are excited to announce the latest release of LANDESK® Service Desk, version 7.7.1 in line with our quarterly release strategy aimed at bringing greater value and more sales opportunities to our partners. This release is available April 1, 2014 both on-premise and in the cloud to continue to help our customers gain control and optimize service desk operations while improving the satisfaction of end users.
Read more 7.7.1 highlights below:
- Shibboleth integration – Customers can identify users in their system with this enhanced authentication capability, ideal for any organization not using Active Directory.
- Web Desk knowledge search in context – Access to dynamic and manual knowledge searching from any process, enabling service desk users to find answers to fixes or other information quickly in the browser from information recorded as part of the support process. Continuing the work to move more features and functions of Service Desk into browser usage.
- Actions directly from Service Desk to external web services – Gain faster response from automation by now starting Process Manager automation processes directly from Service Desk process actions.
- Data warehouse Beta – Customers and Channel partners can beta test the data warehouse feature. Please register to join the beta program and you will find information to activate this feature. http://servicedeskbeta.landesk.com
- Mobile Self Service – Improved user experience through the evolution of design and navigation.
- Native Support – IE8 for Web Desk and Self Service and IE7 for Self Service. Mandatory requirement for Google Chrome Frame removed in these cases.
- Sustainment – Fixes and enhancements around Test To Live, Dynamic Forms, among other items.
More Information about 7.7.1
Please refer to the document What’s New in 7.7.1 for the complete list of features and enhancements.
Accessing LANDESK Service Desk 7.7.1
Customers can access the latest Service Desk software downloads via the download area on the Community. In order to gain access to this area you need to have >registered and be logged in.
7.7.1 is an in-place install and upgrade, a supporting installation and database upgrade on top of your existing LANDESK Service Desk instance. No uninstallation is required. The Cloud platform is updated for customers of LANDESK Service Desk as a Service in line with Cloud Operations procedures and communications.
End of Life
LANDESK Service Desk 7.7.1 replaces 7.7 as the next available release, but End of Life policy does not change with this release. Please refer to the Customer Support End of Life web page for the most up-to-date schedule. Version 7.7.1 and future releases this year will roll up into a major release scheduled for 2015.
LANDESK Service Desk customers will receive an email notification from their local Marketing teams about this release. In addition, a notice will be posted to the online customer community regarding this release.
We hope that this release provides you with even greater value to promote to your Service Desk customers and prospects. We thank you for your continued support.
The ITSM Team